Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] The Opportunity

On 20 Mar 2016, at 1:27, Tyler Jewell wrote:

It's less a shift to a web IDE vs. a shift to distributed developer services.

This, exactly this.

I feel web IDE's are not going to kill desktop IDE, just like Mobile browsing did not kill desktop browsing.

Having our IDE's (wether they are local, hosted or in cloud), if they all start talking a set of common protocols to allow for use and reuse of developer services things becomes much more interesting and less about who's
IDE are bigger than the other.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top