Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] The Opportunity

On 03/20/2016 01:09 AM, Tyler Jewell wrote:
Che already supports SSH through the Eclipse IDE. You can direct mount Che projects. We have an outdated Eclipse plug-in that also shows how you can stream build / run actions executing remotely on Che into the desktop IDE. There is nothing preventing that plugin from advancing further, all the way to the point where the Eclipse IDE had no local dependency on JDT - only using Che's hosted version. We've also tested WEBDAV and it works just fine.  Though the primary opportunity for consolidation is to make Eclipse IDE have a smart protocol that lets it float between local workspaces or remote ones, without losing access to intellisense services.  Let the workspace float to any location (che) and let the IDE use local or remote (Eclipse IDE) is the ultimately level of choice that satisfies developers, teams, enterprises, and organizations.  Every team will make their own choice on how to develop.

That's quite interesting. I'm curious to try it out and evaluate how it compares/compete with an actual SCM.
Does that also mean that a Che workspace can also be mount on a Linux filesystem using sshfs, and than imported as a regular project into whatever desktop application?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top