Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] The Opportunity

Tyler,

Thanks again for diving into more of our questions.

I have my doubts about some of what you write. (Don't take that personally; it's the scientist in me.) That said, I think Che has significant technical promise especially if it remains highly interoperable with the desktop IDE.

If you don't mind, I'd like to reach out to you separately to look at a few things to help me explore the technology:
1.) Extending Che.
2.) Possible uses of Che for the Science Working Group.
3.) Badging for Eclipse ICE (didn't get a chance to stop by the booth at EclipseCon.)

Interestingly, in Eclipse ICE we created a menu to enable two-click local setup for science codes because we find the same problem with contributors to open source projects that you did, including for ICE itself.

Jay