Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Eclipse vs Vi vs Sublime

Again, could we please go back to make the discussion about actually
doing the first step - make eclipse awesome at opening files IFF it is
in the path/setup in your OS ?

Ah, ok. This has worked for me for years so my mind is entirely on what you call phase 2 :).
Didn't knew other OSes are so behind :P .

Yeah, issue is that the implementation that was done for this was not done in a way that gives unified behaviour.

i.e. on OSX, I have eclipse running with this binary: /Users/max/products/eclipse/java-mars3/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse

If I run that same binary with a file path it will start up yet another eclipse instance.

But I do it from Finder it works because it goes through the Eclipse.app.

I know about this from https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/OpenFileFeature, but I fear that wiki is not fully uptodate
since then it became default to have "--launcher.openFile" on Windows and Linux.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top