Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Eclipse vs Vi vs Sublime

On 03/16/2016 03:43 AM, Jay Jay Billings wrote:
Mikael,  I'll gladly turn that into an enhancement request. What's the appropriate project for that to go under?
I would say the Platform UI project, as I imagine the implementation would have to be in org.eclipse.ui.ide bundle or similar.
As for the part about quick editors, let's suppose that you are right and that we are not competing with these tools. Then maybe we should. An ostensibly lighter, faster, more focused Eclipse wouldn't hurt us if it had to be enabled to work in the "lighter mode" through a preference, but it might pick up some folks and convert them to the IDE-loving crowd and it might keep a few more.
Indeed, it wouldn't hurt; I'm just not convinced that the effort/gained users ratio for this would be so high.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top