Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Next Meeting?

Konstantin,

That's very interesting to know. I was on the PC this year and we made an effort to accept IDE talks because there was supposed to be an IDE day. We should talk to Ian and/or Paul to figure out how we can address the concerns of your developers and marketing department at Oracle.

We might want to suggest an "Eclipse IDE Demo Day" or something near your site.

More thoughts on the rest of the Che thing later.

Jay

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Clearly, we have a perception problem.

Indeed

> I'm not convinced that the data supports your position: there was plenty

> of content at EclipseCon focused on the desktop IDE and related projects.

> Including two of my talks and at least one of the keynotes.

It’s not my position. I am conveying what I heard from the marketing department when I asked why Oracle wasn’t sponsoring this year’s EclipseCon. At dev level, I can tell you that many here have given up on submitting talk proposals because talks focused on traditional desktop IDE areas have not been getting accepted in the last few years.

> The "next generation" messaging is not coming from the Eclipse Foundation,

> it's coming from the Che project. I understand that this distinction may be lost

> on the greater community.

Are you saying that Eclipse Foundation is not able to exert influence over a member project to stop this harmful messaging?

Thanks,

- Konstantin