Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Separatingreleaseartifactsfrom update policy

> This was proposed and nothing happened.

My assumption is that it’s the case of “if this doesn’t bother me, it’s not an issue worth pursuing, regardless of how little effort it would take to improve things”. You asked.

From: Doug Schaefer
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 8:55 AM
To: Konstantin Komissarchik;eclipse.org-architecture-council
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Separatingreleaseartifactsfrom update policy

From: Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Monday, November 30, 2015 at 11:46 AM
To: Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>, Eclipse Architecture Council <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> This was proposed and nothing happened.

I was hoping that some of the architecture council members that are also planning council members would bring this to the planning council. That hasn’t happened. I will try to take it to the planning council myself.

It might be worth the time to understand why they didn’t. For me, I think we have better things to spend our limited resources on. We’re still trying to figure out how to do minor releases 4 times a year let alone worry about maintenance releases.

Doug.

- Konstantin