From: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gunnar Wagenknecht
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:47 PM
To: eclipse.org-architecture-council
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] FEEP Voting, Iteration #1 - Summary

John,

It sounds like we should scratch the "fund a developer" approach completely then and propose something along the lines for triaging & fixing AERI problems (ranked by number of problems reported)?

My only concern is with the message such a budget could imply. According to Marcel, there was a significant jump in reported problems with the last (service) release. If there is now a budget, some projects could conclude that they don't need to pay high attention to quality/testing because AERI will catch it and the Foundation will provide budget for fixing it later.

I would rather see the FEEP money being invested into things that will bring the IDE forward then cleaning up things which projects should pay attention to.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/