Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] FEEP Voting, Iteration #1 - Summary

Greetings AC Members,

here are the current vote results. There were 16 proposals, and 18 AC members voting. IMHO these results provide a great input for further discussion. This is the summary of the current votes:

BugSummaryAverage
479686[FEEP] Improve GTK 3.0 support1,618
480176[FEEP] Allow user to discover plugins to edit a specific type of file1,617
482409[FEEP] Fix issues in Mac SWT port1,515
482236[FEEP] JVM selection UI in the launcher1,217
482034[FEEP] p2 improvements1,115
480177[FEEP] WTP XML editor technology face-lift0,817
480547[FEEP] Prompt user to install additional plugins0,817
479536[FEEP] Improve Tooling Support for NullPointerAnalysis0,517
480551[FEEP] Enable "refresh using native hooks"0,317
480546[FEEP] Make everything available in Eclipse Marketplace0,217
481227[FEEP] Improve Dark Theme0,117
480024[FEEP] [jdt] Fund full-time committer for JDT0,017
482037[FEEP][platform] Fund a developer to triage and fix the most frequently occurring errors in Platform UI-0,117
479541[FEEP] New Project Website for our IDE-2,02
480550[FEEP] Tips & tricks dialog-0,117
480553[FEEP] Review most used marketplace plug-ins-0,917

Given these votes, the following topics seem to be of major interest to AC members:

  • Improving GTK 3.0 Support - 1,6
  • Allows users to discover editor plugins based on file-extensions - 1,6
  • Fixing Mac SWT errors - 1,5
  • JVM Selection UI - 1,2

Note that this list is neither a final statement nor a recommendation. It’s a starter for more in-depth discussions - especially for the controverse proposals with wide variance. Those may be caused by different understandings and need further discussion.

How to proceed?

Those that voted a +2 on certain topics (and still would vote +2) and feel that the proposal may be misunderstood by others should ask specific voters for their opinions. Preferably, as Pascal said, this discussion takes place in Bugzilla.

I’d propose to reserver another week for iteration #2 - until next Wednesday - to settle the discussions on these controversial topics.

From there, we’ll see whether another iteration is needed. My goal is to finalize this list until the next AC meeting, discuss it there if necessary, and present the results to the EF then.

Regards,
Marcel

Back to the top