Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] FEEP Voting, Iteration #1

To follow up on this:

Am 18.11.2015 um 22:57 schrieb Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Having said that, I see that the summary in bugzilla for both items got changed, and in the poll the summary got changed for the Platform developer (but not for JDT). Maybe it's just the Swiss in me but, personally I perceive this as forging my vote and feel not comfortable with this at all. In my opinion we should not touch those things while the vote is active. I suggest to revert all those changes and suggest new FEEPs, especially because the deadline for this vote has been set to end this afternoon.

Trust me in that I had no intension to hurt swiss or anyone else’ hearts with those subject changes in Bugzilla.

Just to make clear to everyone where we are, what was going on, and how this process will go on:

I changed the subject of the „fund full-time committer for platform ui" bug based on John’s Feedback - as documented in Bugzilla. I changed the subject of the JDT bug in the same way but rushed over it and did not add a comment. Dani complained that I did change the subject because it’s changing the scope of the bug. After arrival at home I announced the change to the list. Since my change Tom Schindl added his votes.

There we are now.

FWIW, the Google Doc links to all bugs which summarize all discussions. The Google Doc contains votes and comments. The mailing lists contains additional comments. Every AC member can change his opinions at any time - even after next Thursday. The Google Doc ist titled FEEP Voting, Iteration #1. The „votes“ in iteration #1 is to make a first poll and to get the opinions of all AC members. There is nothing final in it. It’s for forming opinions among AC members. There will be an iteration #2 and maybe an iteration #3. At the end, there will be an AC meeting which finally closes the discussion and gives its recommendations to the EF.

Frankly,
while I see that changing subjects in bugzilla can change discussions I don’t think that this did any harm: all AC member votes were in - these iteration #1 is for forming opinions. My summary tomorrow will reflect that change and AC members can update their votes accordingly.

If your swiss heart or anyone’s heart was hit hard, I apologize but also kindly ask you to take over and continue driving this process.

Thank you,
Marcel

Back to the top