Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Sep 10 Meeting Notes

The goal is improve the situation for both audiences.

- Konstantin

From: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:00 PM
To: eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Sep 10 Meeting Notes

On 10/09/2015 1:00 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:

> As for the current practice of projects auto-registering their sites

> (which as you mention becomes unnecessary), do you think we

> should outlaw this practice in our formal release guidelines, or should

> we simply encourage projects to use this new process?

I think we should outlaw the practice in EDP, not just in Simrel, once we have provided other alternatives. My reasoning on this is that this gets in adopter’s way of controlling their update policy, which is a violation of one of key principles that projects provide a good re-usable foundation for others to build on.

Adopters are not the only audience for our releases. Users matter as well. I don't understand the technical details here, but *if* the proposed solution benefits adopters to the detriment of getting timely updates to users, then that is a real problem.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top