From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "eclipse. org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        13.07.2015 08:14
Subject:        [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Competition for improving the        IDE startup time
Sent by:        eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

In the last release we had the Great bug initiative.

I think one great area for improvement would be the reduction of the startup time in the IDE.

Maybe the Eclipse foundation could make a competition for improving it? Accepted contributions could be ranked by improvement and the largest improvements would win the price.

For the measurement we have in platform a startup time test, which I think could be used for the measurement. Dani, what do you think?

If we would do this, we should get the buy-in from the involved projects. For platform Dani would have to say yes, for p2 Pascal, etc.