Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] New Architecture Council members

+1

Thanks, Markus

On 26 May 2015 16:39, "Neil Hauge" <neil.hauge@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1

On 5/25/2015 2:22 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
Greetings folks.

As discussed on the call last week, I have several excellent candidates to join the Architecture Council. Normally, I'd create separate messages for each, but figure that I can save everybody some time by joining them together.

I don't think that any of these nominations are controversial. I believe that all of the candidates are well known to the community and are already very highly respected for their contributions. For completeness, however, I will provide a brief description of merit for each.

I ask you all to show your support for all candidates simultaneously by adding your +1 to this thread. If you have any concerns about any of these individuals joining the AC, contact either Martin or me directly.

Dani Megert is a member and driving force in the Eclipse PMC, and is the project lead for the Java Development Tools project (along with several other projects). Dani is a prolific contributor to the JDT and Platform, and spends a great deal of energy reviewing contributions and growing the diversity of the JDT project. Dani has been part of our community since before we started keeping records.

Martin Lippert is a member of the new Eclipse Cloud Development (ECD) top-level project's PMC, and project lead on the Flux project. Martin is a prolific committer, having contributed code to Platform, Equinox, Virgo, Libra, and Flux. Martin is a regular respected presenter at numerous conferences and a great ambassador for Eclipse.

Matthias Sohn is a project lead and committer for EGit and JGit, two projects that have pushed valuable change into our development process (primarily by making very frequent releases in the early days). He is also a committer on SWTBot and Orion, and is the project lead for Skalli. Matthias knows our processes and will be a valuable resource for the Architecture Council; I look forward to his input into future updates of the Eclipse Development Process.

Lars Vogel's articles and books are the go-to resource for many Eclipse users. Lars is prolific contributor to the Eclipse Platform UI, and is one of the most active reviewers of contributions to the project. Lars has paved the way for numerous other contributors to become committers on Platform UI. Lars has recently become a committer on PDE. He is a regular well-received and respected speaker at many conferences.

Pascal Rapicault has been on our list for a while, but somewhere along the lines, we neglected to take the next step in the nomination process. Pascal is well-known to the community as the project lead (and go-to guy) for p2, but boasts an extremely impressive and diverse history of contribution in other projects, including Maven Integration (m2e), Oomph, PDE, Equinox, and Platform.

Thanks,

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton