Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] JSR Proposal: Desktop Application Framework

Bad idea.

And I'm not seeing a concrete sign of any new JSR. It just looks like a guy with a blog who has his own app framework talking about proposing one. The only JSR mentioned is 296, which is dead. Is there a new JSR number?

John

From:        Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        10/30/2014 04:33 AM
Subject:        [eclipse.org-architecture-council] JSR Proposal: Desktop        Application Framework
Sent by:        eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I thought many people here would be interested in knowing that there is
a new attempt to create a Java standard for desktop applications. The
link below explains the reasoning, and mentions Eclipse 4 and SWT
several times.

Anyone have an opinion on whether this is a good thing or a bad thing?
If anyone wants to get involved in the expert group, please let me know.

http://jroller.com/aalmiray/

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx