[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Mentors needed

Hey folks.

As you put the final pieces in place for your Luna contributions (those of you who are participating), please take a few minutes to reflect upon the time that you will have available for other pursuits in the coming months: skydiving, stamp collecting, full contact origami, big game (camera only) hunting, downloading Bob Mould's new album, and--of course--volunteering to mentor hot new Eclipse and LocationTech projects.

I have four projects in desperate need of mentors.

http://eclip.se/1Q

New mentors are welcome.

Mentoring doesn't take up all that much time. In the early days of a project, we look for the mentor to just monitor the project and help out when they notice that a project is having trouble. Just make sure that you're on the project's dev list and answer questions as they come up. If you notice that the project doesn't seem to be progressing, find out why and do what you can to help; at least let Richard and I know.

It's not all that much work, but it's a big help for projects that are just starting.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top