Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Usage of the New Eclipse Logo

On 29/01/2014 3:50 PM, Bernd Kolb wrote:
just out of curiosity: Has something like that happened again since then?

Yes. I get pointed to one of these every year or two.

What would that mean to e.g. conferences which have an Eclipse track
and want to use the Logo? Would member companies be allowed to use the
logo?

In general, use of the Eclipse logo to refer specifically to Eclipse itself is okay. The fundamental concept of trademark law is around avoiding confusion in the minds of consumers.

No, members don't get any special rights to the logo, other than to use the Eclipse Foundation Member logo. We are also talking about having "Strategic Member" and "Solutions Member" logos in addition to the one we already have.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top