From: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Bull
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:05 PM
To: eclipse.org-architecture-council
Subject: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] New AC Member -- Denis Roy

As we discussed last week on the Architecture Council call, I'd like to nominate Denis Roy as a member of the AC.

For those of you who do not know Denis.... you can respond here with your resignation :-).

In all seriousness, Denis has been driving the infrastructure behind Eclipse for over 9 years now. He is one of three main forces behind each simultaneous release (with Markus and David being the other two). He has a very unique perspective on Eclipse.

Denis is also an Eclipse committer (he leads the babel project) and a regular speaker at EclipseCon. Denis is even helping with the Committer Bootcamp [1].

Denis' technical record and commitment to Eclipse both speak for themselves. In addition to that, Denis is very smart and brings a perspective to the AC that we currently don't have -- a network infrastructure's view. I can think of more than one example (p2 for instance) where having Denis' experience could have greatly improved some of the decisions we made.

Please show your support for Denis by voting here to include him on the Eclipse Architecture Council.

Cheers,

Ian