Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Nominations for Maximilian Kögel and Jonas Helming

Dear AC Members,

As of today, Maximilian Kögel and Jonas Helming have received an impressive support of 18 +1 votes each for becoming a new AC member (including Ed’s implicit vote as the nominator).

Congratulations !

Yet, taking our nomination rules [1] seriously, they must receive a simple majority of non-dormant AC members and as per my current counting we have 37 non-dormant AC members in our ranks [2] so the majority isn’t reached yet.

This is a funny situation that we haven’t ever had before, but I’d like to take it seriously and use this incident as a reason for checking our membership and activity status. Perhaps we have too many people in our ranks who don’t really care participating in the AC any more ? I have followed up with some members as well as the EMO to clarify some member’s status; at the same time, those of you who haven’t voted yet could also add your votes now (and validate this way that you’re not dormant indeed).

I know that I haven’t voted myself yet; this is because in this case I didn’t have even the slightest kind of contact so far so I wouldn’t find it fair giving my vote. I’m confident that there’s going to be enough support if we do this right (some people might just be out on vacation and I don’t think there’s any hurry).

Thanks for your understanding,

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Membership#How_Do_I_Become_A_Member_of_the_Architecture_Council.3F

[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Members_and_Mentors

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6