Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] AC 8-Nove Meeting Notes

Hi,

Sorry I missed the call (as so often) but going through the meeting
notes I see JavaFX and our work mentionned.

I'd like to take the opportunity to inform you that we - BestSolution.at
- are thinking about contributing our current codebase to Eclipse.org,
and working towards releasing a 1.0 version at the time of Kepler
(ideally as part of the release train!)

The problem we face is that our company can't spent too many of our
resources simply on opensource development.

That's why we are talking to Oracle about sponsoring the project so that
we can make sure Eclipse ships an enterprise ready JavaFX tooling and
runtime platform in time of JavaFX8 (=Kepler in Eclipse world).

Still as of now it looks uncertain that Oracle can/will provide the
complete funding to make that happen.

So if your company thinks that having enterprise quality JavaFX support
in Eclipse to build applications get in touch we us! The timeline to
this is very short but I believe providing a compelling JavaFX story for
Kepler/JavaFX8 is a missed opportunity for both Oracle and Eclipse.

If the EAC is interested in our/my view on JavaFX, SWT, e4 and
Java-Desktop in common I'm happy to discuss this on the next call.

Tom