[eclipse.org-architecture-council] EDP 2012

Greetings Architecture Council.

Changes to the Eclipse Foundation Bylaws in 2011 have put maintenance of the Eclipse Development Process in the hands of the Architecture Council. I've made two revisions to the EDP over the past two years; I see no reason to stop the momentum of improvement (assuming that improvement is necessary).

Is there anything in particular in the EDP that needs to be revisited and revised?

On the call last week, there was some discussion of elections. Is there something different/better that we should consider there? Are there other aspects of the EDP that we can address?

I, for one, would like to attempt a rewrite of the principles section (section 2).

We can have some initial discussion here, but should plan to move discussions to Bugzilla (prefix with '[EDP'] for easy searching).

Thoughts, concerns, criticisms?

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton