Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] To SVN or not to SVN: is that the question?

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it time to start thinking about deprecating SVN?
>
> We almost never create new projects that use SVN; I'm thinking that it's
> time to remove it as an option in the New Project Provisioning Request
> form. i.e. all new project will be compelled to use Git.

+1

> Note that this is a different discussion from that of asking existing
> SVN-based projects to move. But, I guess, that conversation can't be too
> far behind.
>
> Thoughts? Concerns? Issues?

Let's deprecate and have a push on getting projects to move.

I know there are projects like MAT that would like to move but just
don't have the time at the moment. This is potentially where we can
have the community step in and help.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk