Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Bylaws Change on AC (was: 10-Mar AC meeting notes)

Hi Mike,

I think that keeping the idea of “influence” is essential. Without having this we cripple the AC. IMO one of the most compelling reasons for any individual or strategic member to sit on the AC and invest time there is having a feeling that it gives them some chance of influencing Eclipse.

As I said I’m not a good wordsmith nor native English speaker so I’m having a hard time coming up with something good. My only idea at this time is removing the “Projects” and replacing architecture with ecosystem:

The Eclipse Management Organization shall  establish an Architecture Council responsible for: (i) project mentoring, (ii) monitoring of, guidance on, and influence over the Eclipse ecosystem, and (iii) maintaining and revising the Eclipse Development Process subject to the approval of the Board under Section 3.9(c).

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6