Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Eclipse and Maven working group

While I'm at it... an important consideration is resourcing. Technology gets us part way there. But if it requires the equivalent of a full-time person to babysit it, it's a non-starter. Webmaster has very limited resources, so we'll be looking for community help to get this thing started and keep it running.

Wayne

Wayne Beaton wrote:
I'd like to see representation from Cloudsmith as well since they do the
aggregation work on the release train and have some experience exposing
the repositories as both p2 and Maven.

I would encourage this currently-hypothetical working group to start
with requirements and then find a technology that does what we need.

Can somebody volunteer to lead this effort? We have a few folks who want
to participate, but without leadership, I fear this goes nowhere.

Wayne

Nick Boldt wrote:

+1 to involving Sonatype, since they could provide a Nexus install @
Eclipse.org for publishing both m2 and p2 artifacts.

I'm happy to help out too - we're working on this very issue right now
with JBoss Tools.