RE: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] PMC Approval Lag?

Now that April Fools day is about over, (on east coast) I think I can reply, without starting even more jokes.

Overall, pretty funny. But, really, I think they could have been better, so I hope these comments are taken in the spirit they are intended.

Original Joke: Architecture Council members could be appointed to be on the Tools PMC to help them out.
Improvement: Wouldn't that have been funnier if it was said that _three_ Architecture Council members be appointed, such as myself (David), Jeff, and Doug?

Original Joke:  Seems like there there might be some delay in approving CQs.
Improvement: Out of the 130 CQs approved by the Tools PMC this past year, they had to be reminded 5 times to read/approve a CQs. This 3% reminder rate is just way way out of line with other large organizations, and just simply too high for Eclipse to keep functioning. Funnier?

Original Joke: The architecture council has nothing else to do, so sure they can expand their mission to council PMCs and propose refactoring of projects.
Improvement: Would this have been funnier to say the requirements council could do this? Since they are "looking for work" anyway. Well, maybe not, maybe that's sadder.

I'm sure there's many more very funny comments that I can't cover here, because its late, I'm not feeling well, and April fools is almost over.

But I will thank you for two other things: 1. I know you meat it as satire, but all the hand wringing, gossipy nature of some of the tone, etc.,  brought back fond memories of my Grandmother, who for years and years would love to complain to anyone who would listen, that her refrigerator was making noise. I think her children were afraid to replace it because then she'd be unhappy that she had nothing to talk about. or would obsess over something even more trivial. Very fond memories. Thanks.  2. Above all, thanks for not making jokes about WTP ... those guys have thin skins and I would hate to upset them by this kind of humor where you act like they can't even hear you.

But, overall a very good read. Not as funny as our new logo, though: http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20100401_newlogo.php

Happy Fools Day!