RE: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] PMC Approval Lag?

Hi all,

Thanks for adding this topic to our next week's agenda...
Looks like it's going to be an exciting meeting.

>  1)  That the Tools PMC look to expansion and staffing
>      from more of its contained projects;

Worth a try, but from my personal experience trying to
get the Tools PMC do _anything_ I am not too optimistic.
It's unfortunate, but today's reality resembles what
Doug S described.

It would be a great proof of the AC's usefulness if we
could come up with a solution that works in practice,
whatever it might look like.

Refactoring projects into containers of technology that
are more related to each other seems like a good idea to
me, since it would automatically make PMC participation
more interesting for the projects. But I'm not sure
whether that will be enough of an incentive for
sponsoring companies to actually step up and invest
time into running the PMC.

Cheers
Martin