Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] PMC Approval Lag?

I'm ok with refactoring projects - but does the AC have the ability to make such calls ?

We could work on a solid proposal for those projects though - that would be a good starting point.

I personally never really understood the rationale of the Tools and Technology projects: they seem to be the old shell of the ecosystem, back in 2003.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 09:54, Oisin Hurley <oisin.hurley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe the Architecture Council can "take over" the Tools PMC. We can
> dedicate a few minutes out of our regular call to discuss PMC-type issues
> with the project. We'd have to nominate/elect a representative from the AC
> to sit on the PMC on our behalf.

I'd suggest a refactoring of both projects, then if necessary, nomination
of an AC 'volunteer' to an active mentor post that sits in on the PMC
business of the resulting spin-outs.

 --oh