Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] RE: Nominating Kim Moir

+1 for Kim joining the AC (with a clear "yes" to all of the nomination criteria) +1 for Martin having the bravery to use this nomination as an opportunity to remind the distinguished council of the requirements for membership
+1 for Boris' sentiments and suggestion.

Perhaps we should restrict nominations to occur only during the phone call?

Wayne

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
Dear Fellows,

Before I cast my vote on Kim's nomination, I would like us to pause just
a little.

I think VERY highly of Kim personally, regarding her capabilities as a
build engineer, her passion for and also her contributions to the
Community as a whole.

But I'm not so sure whether it is a good idea to nominate somebody into
the Architecture Council just because of being good in an area that the
Architecture Council is interested in promoting. Technically speaking,
Kim doesn't need to be on the AC to help out; we could as well create a
working group for release engineering, or similar.

So, before casting a vote, please consider our published criteria for AC
members:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Membership

In particular,
- would she be a good Mentor to other projects?
- is she perceived as an Authority in the Community?
- could she guide new projects through the Development Process and IP
questions?
- does she have vision and understanding about Eclipse Architecture as a
whole?

I'm not saying that we have to follow these guidelines religiously, but
I do think it is important for the Architecture Council as a whole to have

high entry critiria. If we grow too large as a Council, just because
it's
convenient to get some work done, we risk losing authority as a body.

Thoughts for discussion.... What do YOU think?

Martin