Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] The Art of Project Release Naming

The XSL Tools wst.xsl component uses PDE API Tools...caught some potential issues I had to fix when going to the next version of the PsychoPath processor. Anyways, I think we have to be careful tying things to the release train. Reason being is that projects may want to release more often than once a year. I know for more established projects they can deal with a yearly release as their only release, but there are reasons to release more often, and a project should have that flexibility.

Now I think establishing or promoting a standard set of guidelines is a good thing, on how and when version numbers should change. If that exists, then we are good to go and just need to promote it.

Dave