[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Jun-11 AC meeting notes

Hi all,

meeting notes of the call we just had are now online:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Meetings/June_11_2009

If my attendance tracking was right, we've had representatives from all PMC's except STP this time.
Thanks to all who joined!
If you have been on the call but not listed, feel free to edit the wiki or doodle.

I thought that having the discussion we just had is exactly the kind of discussion we should be having at the AC: considering changes that impact all of Eclipse and our consumers, from a technical viewpoint; striving for consistency among the projects, yet acknowledging the fact that projects are different; live phone discussion to sort out / complement what we have already started on bugzilla. Thanks! I, at least, learned more about our community in the call today.

Moving forward,
  • Dave Carver will blog about bugzilla best practices
  • Wayne will E-mail e.o-committers after that
  • Eclipse Platform project will define an initial deprecation policy for their own use.
  • PC will consider "having a deprecation policy of some kind" as a must-do for next year
  • AC may mentor / peer-review project's deprecation policies, shooting for a small number of policies that make sense.
Let's continue the discussion on bugzilla / E-mail for sorting out more details.
Next meeting is July 9 same time (2nd Thursday in July).

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top