[eclipse.org-architecture-council] JSRs

Mike, Architecture Council,

The Eclipse Foundation is a member of the JCP SE/EE Executive Committee, which "is responsible for approving the passage of specifications through key points of the JCP" (http://jcp.org/en/participation/committee).

Mike, you are the Eclipse Foundation's representative on that committee. On what basis do you make voting decisions? Would it make sense to involve the AC on this in some way?

The concrete background of this is that I have been asked by Bob Lee, one of the proposed spec leads for JSR-330 "Dependency Injection for Java", that the Eclipse Foundation vote "yes" on this JSR which is up for "JSR review", i.e. whether it gets approval for development in the JCP. Personally, I think that the proposal looks good, and that it would be in Eclipse's interest to support the JSR, but it doesn't feel right that I just send an email to you without involving others from the Eclipse community.

Questions? Comments?

Boris

Back to the top