Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Eclipse Development Process

David Carver schrieb:
> John I agree, but from my understanding is that Eclipse originally was
> founded on Agile techniques...

I don't think that this is the case. You are probably mixing up the
Eclipse project with the Eclipse Foundation. But I don't know either.

IMHO we should *not* define or instruct projects how they *do* software
development. I see our role more as someone who is looking at *what* the
projects produce and *help* projects to understand what others are doing
and *help* projects in adopting it *if* they want.

Of course we encourage projects to release often and to use the mailing
lists and Bugzilla, etc. But I see this more as part of our mentoring
task to help projects get started and develop their communities.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx