[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Better documentation for building Eclipse projects
- From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:21:20 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=o682ubjlF2kDKJa7sVvHMrZCSPkYezWm+6G0HcCNo44CqiX3ENAT6QlWcrHRST6685CAXoTNQicEcpxy5WV5ce6pAzZCCS5ofYzYVOkKVJdxaIS2cfqwgINEXhbk3dyff7cpG4KJjpz2Yr0VgTjaD77h/IwKQiuzEaDxfIlQ+1Q= ;
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20080925)
Wayne, take a look at the work that Nick Boldt and others are doing.
Wayne Beaton wrote
I've been chatting with some folks from one of the Technology projects
about creating an automated build. AFAICT there is very little
documentation around that discusses how one goes about setting up an
automated build at eclipse.org.
I did find a page on the wiki  that seems to be a reasonable start
at it, but it needs some serious love. I've started to give it some
attention, and thought that I'd invite others to provide their own input.
Is anybody aware of better documentation that describes the build
process with PDE Build using build.eclipse.org with pack200, JAR
signing, and update-site creation support?
I realize that the Common Build Infrastructure work is ongoing in the
Dash project, but my sense is that there's still quite a lot of work
to do before wholesale adoption can begin.
eclipse.org-architecture-council mailing list
IMPORTANT: Membership in this list is generated by processes internal
to the Eclipse Foundation. To be permanently removed from this list,
you must contact emo@xxxxxxxxxxx to request removal.