[eclipse.org-architecture-council] AC Phone Meeting - Oct 9 Notes

Hi all,

the notes of the monthly EAC phone meeting we just had are now online:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Minutes_October_9_2008

As always, please read the notes (since we went over a few things
quite quickly, and they contain interesting links) and fix what I got
wrong, especially the attendance.

Some of the more interesting points summarized:
  • We think it's the (incubating) project's task to find a mentor, to advertise themselves and make themselves interesting to the potential Mentors. It's the AC's task to explain why having a Mentor is a good thing. We'll look at asking established projects to find mentors when we've got the incubating ones done.
  • What counts for all AC members is the involvement in E-Mail / Bugzilla discussions, engagement in the action items, and pro-active finding, articulating and tracking potential improvements to Eclipse as a Whole (via the EAC mailing list / bugzilla). The phone meeting is just for reminders, exchanging information and starting initiatives.
  • We want to initiate improvements to disseminating information from the EMO top-down via bug 250317.
  • Everyone please work on editing the AC Wiki: fill in your Bio / Affiliation, name projects without mentor, fill in AC Web Links and Top 10 Recommendations.
Next meeting is on Thursday Nov 13 at 11am EST:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Minutes_November_13_2008

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top