From: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Michael Scharf
Sent: Thu 11/09/2008 06:00
To: eclipse.org-architecture-council
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Draft for E-Mailto      Eclipse-committers

Hi Martin,

I like the draft a lot. Especially the "How do other projects..."

I think good architecture has a lot to do with consistency. In
many projects this is archived by a (one) few lead engineers/architects
that define the "style" of the system. In a meritocracy like eclipse
there is nobody who can enforce style and architecture rules.
The only way is to develop a common mindset, some shared "tribal
knowledge". The "How do other projects ..." questions is a great
way to build up tribal knowledge and to increase consistency.

Michael