[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Inactive EAC Members Process

Hi all,

In order to get a better handle on what members of the EAC are
actually active, I'd like to propose the following:
  1. We add an "EAC Member (dormant)" status similar to the Committer Emeritus status. Dormant members do not take part in active discussions, but retain their right to take part (because they represent a Strategic Member Company or a PMC, or have been appointed but don't currently have time). Dormant members get separately listed on the councils page.
  2. Members enter the dormant status after 3 months of inactivity (counting mailing list submissions, and meeting attendance), or at their personal request (such as a person taking a sabbatical, for instance). We might want to discuss whether dormant members can actually still mentor any project or not.
  3. Appointed members get removed after 1 year in the dormant status (members representing a strategic member, or PMC can not be removed).
In order to track meeting attendance, I have edited the Aug 14 meeting notes, adding a "No Answer" section which lists those people who have not yet said whether they were at the meeting or not. Attendee and non-attendee lists are now sorted alphabetically for easier maintenance. Note that for future meetings, just clicking the "Yes" or "No" link of the Google Calendar Invitation will be sufficient to express attendance or non-attendance.

For this time, I'd like to ask those on the following list, who are still interested in the Council, to edit the Wiki page, or let me know by private mail whether they were actually at the meeting or not: Chris Aniszczyk, Wayne Beaton, Adrian Colyer, Naci Dai, Timothy Deboer, John Duimovich, John Graham, Kevin Haaland, Thomas Hallgren, Jochen Krause, Wenfeng Li, Mike Milinkovich, Philippe Mulet, Georg Schmidt, Mark Vandenbrink, David Williams, Andrew Young.

In order to make the proposed process (at least a little bit) automated, I'm wondering whether Bjorn's Project Dash / Committer Activity Meter could be beefed up to count EAC Mailing List submissions, and get the meeting attendance list fed in manually somehow?

In general, when a person is about to become dormant, I guess I'd prefer trying to see whether it's possible to motivate the person to become active again. On the other hand, we have a lot of excellent, bright people on the projects who could be freshly nominated into the EAC. As mentioned during the meeting, nominations can be made by a simple E-Mail to the mailing list.

Thoughts or ideas?

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top