RE: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] EAC Minutes - Aug 14

Hi Mike,

my current understanding is, that only the EMO can appoint members,
and the council itself can propose members to the EMO to get appointed.
Therefore, the way we did this last year (and I think it was a good way
to do it), was this:

1. Existing EAC members proposed names of new members on the
    list, asking the other EAC members whether they thought it would
    be good candidates.

2. Candidate proposals are discussed on the mailing list,

3. If disucssion is positive, candidates are proposed to the EMO
    for appointment.

4. The EMO asks candidates whether they would accept their
    invitation to the EAC, and if yes, appoints them.

Does this sound good as a process, or am I missing something?
Or are there ways to simplify the process?

Cheers,