Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Webinars

sounds good to me...

Jeff

Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/21/2008 04:02 PM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-architecture-council"        <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Webinars

Hey folks.

Lynn is looking for topics for the Eclipse Webinar Series, and it
strikes me that this is a good opportunity for us to do a little
outreach.

I'd like to start a discussion on topics that we think might be useful
for the community.

In general, webinars with technical content tend to do better with
audiences. I had thought that maybe a "what is the Architecture Council"
talk might work, but I don't think it'll draw enough attention to make
it worth the investment in time (both ours and Lynn's). Though it might
be an interesting topic for a short podcast (let me know if you're
interested in that).

Since we're supposed to be mentoring projects, perhaps we can come up
with some content that discusses challenges faced by projects like
setting up automated builds for Eclipse applications, or maybe even some
of the more basic concepts in Eclipse that might be helpful for
beginners (like how to create a view, or extension points, or services,
or whatever).

Thoughts?

Wayne