RE: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Call action item: Announcingourselves

Good point Martin.

We don't want to live up on a hill.

I will be more explicit in soliciting committer input where I talk about how the committers can contribute to the success of the council.
Bugzilla and mailing list work for me.

Thanks
Darins

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/21/2008 02:47 AM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-architecture-council"        <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse.org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Call action item:        Announcingourselves

Hi Darin,

that's a nice blog draft... only thing I was surprised is that
we're not asking committers give their ideas or input. So
currently the EAC description sounds a bit like being an
ivory tower (which it certainly isn't I'd guess).

Should we encourage people posting to the EAC mailing list?
Or start yet another newsgroup? Or open a new bugzilla
"community" category?

Personally I think that since the announcement is going to
the eclipse.org committers mailing list, which all committers
are subscribed to automatically, I think that asking people
post ideas there is perhaps the simplest channel for us
to get reached. And it would be a reminder for the E-Mail
that Jeff sent out there some time ago.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm