[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Invitation to speak at committer and project boot camp

Architecture Council Members and Elected Committer Representatives,

We are conducting a fast-paced and in-depth "boot camp" for new committers and projects from 1 to 5 pm on Sunday, March 4th, as a no- fee addition to EclipseCon. We've had a great responses and have filled the room. I've attached more information about the event below.

I would like to invite those of you who will be in town Sunday afternoon to participate in a Q&A panel as part of this event starting at 4 pm in the Tasman room of the hotel. This will not require any preparation on your part and is intended to show off your expertise in the best possible light. I will adjust the format depending on how many of you confirm participation. Please let me know if you can join us this week. Thanks.

Best regards,

Ward Cunningham

http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?page=sub/&id=4192

from the above ...

You're new to Eclipse. Our experience at the foundation suggests you have a lot of questions. We've seen past questions cluster around three topics: development process, intellectual property cleanliness, and, techniques of community development. So we've assembled the relevant foundation expertise to answer your questions in a fast- paced and in-depth afternoon we're calling "boot camp". But don't worry about drill sergeants or push-ups.

Our boot camp will consist of three sections. The first will provide an in-depth review of steps to create and manage an open source project at Eclipse, including writing a project proposal, getting ready for your first creation review and the responsibilities of all committers/project leaders. The second section will cover the licensing and IP process that is required for all Eclipse projects. And finally there will be a discussion on what are the best practices for building a community around your project.

Back to the top