[eclipse.org-architecture-council] WTP architecture slice (Tim's version)

Note that my diagrams below are a minimal spanning tree over dependency arcs, not all direct requirements and certainly not transitive closure.

Project View:

JSF à JST

JST à {WST, JEM, JDT}

WST à {EMF, GEF, Platform}

If we want to look out to Zebra, then this becomes:

JSF à JST

JST à {WST, JEM, JDT, DTP}

WST à {EMF, GEF, Platform}

Technology project(s) for EJB 3.0 à JST

SOA à JST

to reflect downstream dependencies from other Eclipse projects (SOA, EJB(s)) and the migration of RDB tools into DTP, creating a new upstream dependency. I don’t believe WST has a direct dependency on RDB tools, but that should be confirmed.

Feature View:

See http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/arch_and_design/subsystems/SubsystemsAndFeatures.html

(thanks to David Williams for putting this together). Note that this is a proposal, and reflects how WTP is currently thinking about organizing itself over the course of the 1.0 and 1.5 releases. Currently (0.7.1), features map into the first project view above.

Plugin, Package, or CVS Component Views:

If we want anything at this level of detail, it should be tool-generated and labeled with the point in time (or CVS level) at which the snapshot was taken.

Back to the top