From:        Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        pmc <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        14.05.2020 15:22
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [eclipse-pmc] Stop bug auto closing!
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Following up from https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jdt-dev/msg01419.htmlI want to
inform the PMC that I see these options:

1) Turn of auto closing of old bugs - AT LEAST FOR JDT.

Or

2) I have to step down from my assumed responsibility for ecj maintenance.

Or

3) I don't see an option #3

Note that this has two aspects:

- the flood of mails which takes down significant time from development

- IF we'd ignore those mails (ideally automatically!!!) we'd loose significant,
  perhaps vital information about previous efforts in analysis and recognized
  violations of JLS (in the case of ecj).

cheers,
Stephan

PS: FWIW, the backlog of JDT bugs waiting for auto-close is currently 4456.
There's no reason to expect this flood to end any time soon.