Re: [eclipse-pmc] Fw: [cross-project-issues-dev] SimRel 2019-09 RC2 crashes on Windows 10 on inline rename in the Project Explorer

Hi,

The following are my observations of Eclipse 2019-09 (4.13) RC2 on two different Windows 10 laptops. I don't know if it behaves the same on all Windows 10 computers. Eclipse did not crash on a third laptop with Windows 7.

In the Project Explorer a normal, slow inline renaming (typing + RETURN) crashes Eclipse in most cases. Java files that are not contained in a source folder or Java properties files will be renamed inline. Java files contained in a source folder are not affected as they are not renamed inline but via a dialog. In PHP (PDT) projects inline renaming seems to be deactivated for all files. I have not tested C/C++ (CDT) and other project natures.

In the Navigator a fast sequence of F2, ESC is required to crash Eclipse.

In case of a crash, all unsaved changes will be lost.

Thanks,

Holger

Back to the top