Re: [eclipse-pmc] Should we accept any patches toattractmorecontributors?

Hi all,

I just want to point out that students and newcomers that may or may not become regular contributors or even committers is just one point of view. The other one is that apart from git history that gets broken immediately there is another consequence which comes later - accepting low quality or questionable patches causes existing highly skilled committers to leave. Example is here: https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipse-dev/msg10445.html

Best regards,
Szymon

GIF image

Back to the top