Re: [eclipse-pmc] RedDeer sample

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Last time in February Alex said that there's no time in the Red Hat team at the moment. Looks like that changed?

There's an opportunity for a few simple tests to move into PDE. The author of those tests believe it would be a simple task and thinks it's doable quickly.
So there isn't more time available for big work, but bootstrapping something about it seems doable quickly now.
Then, we can progressively consider moving some other tests which could make sense. Establishing an exhaustive list and creating new tests just for Platform is something that is still in the "no time for it" zone at the moment.

Note that before adding any dependency, a CQ must be filed and approved, even for test related stuff.

RedDeer is now an Eclipse.org project: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.reddeer . Do we need a CQ?

Having said that, I'm also fine with trying it out.

Cool, thanks.
As soon as the CQ part is clarified, I'll try to submit a patch for the TP and then we'll try to have the first tests coming into PDE.
Without being able to commit to anything, I would love it to happen before EclipseCon Europe. There's a talk about RedDeer there which would be more profitable to many people if RedDeer has some adopters at Eclipse.org by then.

Back to the top