Re: [eclipse-pmc] Concerns Regarding Sub-Project Merege

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:42 AM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IMHO merging the platform project is primarily about making it easier
to get new committer on board. At the moment is really hard for new
people to gather enough commits (in one of our sub-projects) to get
commit rights. Merging the projects would make that easier.

IMHO, whether or not contributions spanning project boundaries count in a merit statement for a committer election is a matter for the project teams and PMC to decide. i.e. this is a barrier that you can break by deciding to break it.

Just figuring out the project/repository to contribute to is the hard part IMHO, and this isn't going to be addressed by collapsing projects (unless you also merge repositories)

FWIW, I'm in favour of consolidating at least some of the projects.

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects