[eclipse-pmc] Fw: Urgent: Critical Bug for RC4a

> A critical issue (see bug 518036)

The link is wrong. Correct is https://bugs.eclipse.org/518036
.
----- Forwarded by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM on 12.06.2017 11:12 -----

From:        Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM
To:        "eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        12.06.2017 11:11
Subject:        Urgent: Critical Bug for RC4a

Dear PMC Colleagues

A critical issue (see bug 518036) was found, which causes duplication of menu entries when dynamic menu contributions are used. This regression got introduced with M6 to fix an old (4.1 / 2011) bug regarding leaks. While leaks are bad, menu duplication is a real show stopper. I therefore propose to fix this for RC4a together with the EMF update. The fix is to revert the leak fix. The revert can be done without conflicts.

I would like to have an answer today, so, that we can build RC4a asap.

Thanks,
Dani

Back to the top