Re: [eclipse-pmc] Request for splitting out a PDE spy into a separate bundle to make it consumable in RCP

Hi Lars,

I don’t quite understand.

If it is technically possible to break dependencies onto PDE, this spy can live as a separate bundle in the PDE repository. Right ? The PDE repository isn’t that big and doesn’t have dependencies other than JDT … so just having to clone one extra git repo shouldn’t cause issues.

Am I missing a point ?

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

On 04/04/17 21:30, "eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Lars Vogel" <eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    > Anyway, I'm not strongly against moving it inside PDE if the other PMC
    > members agree.

    Any opinion from the other PMC members? Again, this change includes no
    functional change, no API. It will only make this spy available for
    RCP customers without pulling PDE as dependency.