From: <eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Markus Keller <markus_keller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday 3 April 2017 at 12:17
To: "eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [eclipse-pmc] API addition: Image#getImageData(int zoom)

SWT requests approval for an API addition in Oxygen M7, see

Bug 496409: [HiDPI][API] Provide Image#getImageData(int zoom)

Javadoc of the new API is e.g. here:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/93242/3/bundles/org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse+SWT/gtk/org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Image.java

The old API Image#getImageDataAtCurrentZoom() has been written at a time when we didn't have any actual clients. The notion of "current" zoom doesn't make sense in a multi-monitor setup, and there's no way we could fully implement image overlays using that API.

Markus

Back to the top