"
What do you think?

McQ.

Inactive hide details for "Daniel Megert" ---2016/06/21 09:32:36---Hi PMC As discussed, here's the draft note I plan to send ou"Daniel Megert" ---2016/06/21 09:32:36---Hi PMC As discussed, here's the draft note I plan to send out regarding our rules

From: "Daniel Megert" <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2016/06/21 09:32
Subject: [eclipse-pmc] Update Release Rules
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi PMC

As discussed, here's the draft note I plan to send out regarding our rules for Update Releases. Please approve or provide corrections.

For the Eclipse top-level project the main goal for Update releases is still to increase stability. Therefore, like for API changes (including additions), any feature work needs to be brought forward to the PMC for approval. Only fixes and features that are already working fine in master for some time can be brought forward. Having the work first in master and tested by the community before it gets backported, is our normal workflow. Also, any backport needs a review from another committer.

Dani