Re: [eclipse-pmc] Update of API Removal Process

> > > Announce the upcoming deletion on relevant mailing lists, including a link
> > > to the bug for community comment (at least cross-project-issues-dev and
> > > eclipse-dev).
> > Announce the upcoming deletion on all relevant mailing lists, including a
> > link to the bug for community comment (at least cross-project-issues-dev,
> > eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx and eclipse-dev).
> > QUESTION : should we also send a note to eclipse.org-planning-council?
>
> I don't think this will have a *net* add to the recipients lists
> covered by the the other lists so let's not spam one more list.

I agree the Planning Council will see on other lists, so no need for direct mail.

But, unclear to me about when to announce ... and, how often!

Ideally, I think announcements should go out that last year, at least call attention to
that section of migration guide of "this is the the last release that will have XXX, it will
be removed next release. [link]"

And then, more important than the first announcement, announce at least once more, say, one milestone
before it is removed.

I've found most are too busy to pay attention what is planned for "the next release",
and, the goal of communication is to avoid surprises ... best done milestone by milestone,
since that is what (more) people pay attention to.

imho

Back to the top